Monday, May 25, 2015

Summer Kickoff Weekend Wrapup

We have had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!  We've enjoyed spending time with friends and family!  I didn't get a lot of pictures because I was just enjoying being in the moment. 

Saturday morning we split up and the boys worked around the backyard getting it ready for Summed and I went to order Aliza's bedding (!!!) and to Babies R Us to begin figuring out what we need.  I've realized that baby gear is a lot different than it was 5 years ago!  Saturday night we had the Millers over for a shrimp boil.  
It isn't Summer around here until we've boiled some shrimp! Haha! 

Yesterday we spent the entire day at the pool. Michael's dad and sister joined us in the afternoon and for dinner. Nicholas is doing so well in the pool this year!  I am so proud of him!




We also got a new grill because we had a charcoal grill that had rusted out and took way too long to use on weeknights. With my pelvis issue and being on my feet all afternoon at work I'm struggling at night, so we needed a way to cook dinner but not take an hour. We've grilled last night and tonight and are in love with the new grill! Look for some yummy summertime grilling recipes soon! 

Today we spent a couple of hours at the pool before it got too cloudy and Nicholas wanted to go home. We have been lazy and it was just what we needed!