Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thoughts for Thursday

I've had a busy week, but made some time to do a quick brain dump for the week.


1.  Day camp at Nicholas' school is no joke! These kids come home exhausted, which has worked out great for me! Ha!  He gets to go twice a week between now and his birthday and last night he came in and just laid on the couch or in my lap all night. Those of you who know my wild man know that means he is TIRED!  He didn't even try to make up excuses to get up once he went to bed! Thanks kids camp! This tired mom is thankful! Ha!

2.  We are a little more than 3 weeks away from Nicholas' 5th birthday party!  He has chosen to have a ninja turtle party and we are going simple this year. We've booked a facility and all I have to do is show up with paper goods, cake, drinks and pizza.  I can handle that!  Against my will, I've given up on a Pinterest inspired party at home this year and letting him pick it all out. Again, I'm tired and picking my battles! Ha! 

3.  It's trauma season at work and we are busy!  Let me give you my annual reminder... Use your head. No kids on lawnmowers, stay away from motorcycles, and keep an eye on your kids in the pool! 

4.  Being pregnant at 34 has been a lot harder than 29!  Don't get me wrong, I've been blessed by two healthy pregnancies I was told I may never have. I LOVE feeling my baby move around and see the excitement when Nicholas feels her move, but...I've had a LOT of back and pelvis pain. I've been diagnosed with pubis symphysis dysfunction and combined with a spine that doesn't move out of the way, I'm in a lot of pain just about 24 hours a day. I had similar issues with Nicholas, but it has been much worse this time. By the time I get home from work I'm done.  I'm so, so thankful for all the help Michael has given me over the last month. He has been cooking dinner, helping with the laundry, and Nicholas' bedtime routine. I couldn't do it without him! We will be 24 weeks tomorrow and we will meet her in about 16 weeks!!!

5. Speaking of baby sister, I've registered again this time because my family has offered to host a shower for me and since we thought we were done with babies, the only thing I really had left from Nicholas was furniture! (thank goodness since it is so expensive) Any must have baby items that you think I should have? We plan to buy all the big stuff ourselves (mamaroo, monitor, car seats, etc) but I'm clueless on what are the current must have items! 

(Not sure why some of the font is messed up, sorry!)